You might have heard of HP wireless assistant many times while dealing with HP products but do you know what actually it is? If no, then you are in the right place because this guide will give you a clear idea about this assistant. With this term arise several questions which might include questions such as working mechanism, how do we use it, and the list is many. Users may also ask that does it support Windows 10 and Mac, and many other such questions for which you might need an urgent answer. If you want to get a clear cut answer to all these questions, then this guide is definitely going to help you.
Get to know HP Wireless Assistant
If you want to know what HP Wireless Assistant is, then you should note that it is initially a driver that helps users to manage connections. The connection could be either wireless or wired. It monitors the connectivity of Wi-Fi, WLAN, WWAN, Bluetooth, and wired network of the devices that are connected through it. The assistant comes as an in-built feature in the devices that are running on Windows operating systems. Since HP manufactures hardware and software of top-notch services, HP wireless assistant is just another product from the list of other helpful stuff. Along with this, it also shows the status of all the nearby wireless devices. This includes all those devices that give you the entitlement of enabling and disabling these devices whenever needed.
Why do you need an HP wireless assistant?
You can use HP’s assistant on devices running on Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, Notebook’s wireless card(s). You need this software to determine factors that include staying updated with the network status changes, self-governing controls for connected wireless devices, etc. Along with this, it allows you to check the status of disabled and enabled devices. On top of that, you can get support for Wireless LAN connections and for Bluetooth connection as well.
How to download HP Wireless Assistant?
- Navigate to the official website of HP.
- Click on the option that reads as “Support” followed by “Software & Drivers”.
- You may directly go to HP drivers and downloads.
- On the next page, you will be prompted to enter the model number of the HP device you are using.
- Further, you have to select the operating system along with the version you are using on your PC.
- Upon doing this, click on “Submit”.
- This will open up a list of HP assistants or software.
- After this, click on the “Driver network” option.
- Now, from here you can download HP Support assistant or any other software that you want.
- Choose the HP printer assistant that you want to download from the drop-down list.
- Finally, click on “Download” present against your desired HP software.
- When it gets downloaded, you can install it by following certain on-screen instructions.
Steps to configure HP Wireless assistant
- To begin the process, click on the “Start” button and head to the “Control Panel”.
- From here, you have to click on “Network and Internet”.
- This action will open up a list of all the installed wireless devices.
- From this list, you have to choose an HP Wireless assistant.
- Further, tap on the option that says “Properties”. By doing this, you can easily check the status of devices and you may find it at the footer of the window that is opened.
- Now, check-mark all the boxes and click on the “Apply” option.
- With this, you complete the successful configuration of the wireless assistant.
- If a user wants to “Turn on” or “Turn off” any connection, then he may continue reading further.
How do I turn on/off HP Wireless Assistant?
- To enable/disable the wireless assistant, tap on the “Windows” icon.
- From here, you are required to go to the “Control panel” of your device.
- Further, go to the “Network & Internet” followed by locating “HP Wireless Assistant”.
- When the list of installed wireless devices opens, you will see the options to “Turn on” and “Turn off” the connections after which you have to proceed further.
- The users who want to disable the “Wireless LAN” network can click on the “Turn Off”.
- They may find this option present under the “Action” column.
This way, you can configure settings for other connections as well. If you are unable to do so or for any help regarding this, you may seek expert guidance from HP customer service. At HP customer support helpdesk, you will get immediate guidance even on the most complicated issues.