How to Fix MicroSoft Office 2013 Bootstrapper Error
Most of the users have complained about a common problem while installing Microsoft Office 2013 or while upgrading it from a previous version. Error ‘Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper has stop working’ is shown. This can be due to various reasons like Bootstrapper application may experience trouble due to registry errors, installation file may be malicious, minimum system requirements are not met or some hardware is not supported. here we will explain how to fix Microsoft office 2013 Bootstrapper error.
- Microsoft Office has stopped working.
- Microsoft Word has stopped working.
- Microsoft Outlook has stopped working.
- Microsoft Excel has stopped working.
- Microsoft PowerPoint has stopped working.
- Microsoft Publisher has stopped working.
- Microsoft Visio has stopped working.
You may seek Microsoft support help to get rid of this problem.
- Here is the quickest method. First of all, temporary disable Firewall or other security programs. Uninstall the older version of Microsoft Office using control panel, then downloads Microsoft Fix Tool. Now, install Microsoft Office in Clean Boot.
- The existence of beta/previous Office edition plays as the disturbing element in most of these errors. Uninstall the previous version in the control panel. When prompted, restart the computer to complete the uninstall process. Run the registry cleaner for virus removal and complete clean up of leftover registries.
- Before installation, temporarily disable the real-time scanning feature of your antivirus program or firewall application. You should also disable the Windows Firewall to let the Office installation file run properly. After disabling, re-run the Office 2013 installation file. This time there will be no bootstrapper error message.
- Make sure to run latest windows updates and additional software updates for the connected peripherals. It is been observed that outdated applications cause errors while installing Microsoft Office 2013.
- Modifying windows registry also helps a lot. Locate and remove the ‘AppCompatFlags’ registry key. Open Registry Editor by typing ‘regedit’ in the ‘Run’ box. Now, browse HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > MICROSOFT >WINDOWS NT >CurrentVersion>App Compat Flags. Make sure to back it up before deleting. In order to back up, right click on this key and click on ‘Export’. Once backed up, right click on the same key and click on ‘Delete’. Click on ‘Yes’ to confirm the action, when prompted. Finally, exit the registry editor. Now, re-install Microsoft Office 2013. No error message will exist this time.
- However, if you are still unable to install Microsoft Office 2013 and the same error message is shown again, then you can use our MS Office support services. Our experts are available 24*7 to help our customers via email and call at 855-708-2203. You can contact Microsoft Support via email anytime and our experts at PhoneSupportHub will give you perfect solution to every problem related to installation process.